9.10.2020

 

Photoshop skills- lighting and shading


Are next task was to recreate an image of an apple solely using shading but I can't find my final piece so I am afraid you'll just have to task my word when I say did actually complete this task.
Thankfully I did take notes, since my memory isn't very good sometime. 



So I first thing I did was in place this image of an apple in the corner of my
photoshop canvas and converted it to a smart object. I
 then edit the image by increasing the contrast then applying a black and white filter on top.
Next I drew a black circle next the image then used I easer and liquify tool to help better define the same. 
using the magic wand tool to select the apple shape and then added a new layer which I group with the other layer. Then with the new layer I used the fill bucket to paint to in black and applied the mask onto the grouped folder, this will be the layer in which I shade in the shape. I then invert the colours of 
the shading layer with Cmd+I (on mac) to invert to mask colours which will act as my easer and pencil.
I used the basic brush with 80% hardness brush and turned into down to 20% opacity.
From there I slowing build up the image by shading and highlighting the apple.
Once I was happy with my shading work I make a new layer under group and change 










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

11.2.2021 (updated on 19.3.2021)

Shadow puppet work and Pixilation