11.2.2021 (updated on 19.3.2021)


 Pixilation Project

Filming and post production

For this project we were tasked in creating a short film using the pixilation method. I go into further detail in a another post but to put it simply pixilation is a style of stop motion animation 
in which real people and objects are used to achieve effects that are not possible in real life.


All scenes in order of appearance-

For this scene I wanted to give the idea of it a dreary day. The rain effect was done using paper cutouts of raindrops and manually moving them for each scene. This was done simply because I was still quite new to software like After Effects and I really love working with paper.

To achieve this scene a placed my tripod where I wanted and using a Bluetooth clicker I was able to take a shot each time a took a step forward without having to use a timer.

This scene was a joy to create as a lot of  the extra details were done of the fly. Not exactly a a professional way of doing things but it's rare to get to create and experiment for yourself and I was going take full advantage of that fact.


This scene was also really fun to do. I am particularly proud of the scene of the blob jumping over the broom as the was a really hard scene to do just using stuff around the house. I found the that I could keep it up in the air by jamming a ruler into the side of the clay character and then using one of the Knick knacks to hold it up. Since the ruler was so thin it was easy to hide.

the ending scene was a bit anti-climatic but it's better than just keeping them there in the jar like I originally planned.

Unused title sequence-

I mostly made this for fun but did consider using it as an opening title card if only briefly. 

Final-



Even though I am proud of my animation work when it came time to export my Final film it was a total disaster as the video was sped up for seemly no reason, horribly desyncing with the audio and seemly ruining a good two hours an manually placing in sounds effects and music. 

This is the reason it took so long to complete my blog post has this did upset me more than it should've especially because I actually really did enjoy the editing process to the point I could've seen it as a possible career path. 

However, looking back on it now this seems to be an issue with the audio as a when exporting the film without the audio the film itself plays at it's normal speed.


After looking up all possible solutions it turns out that Adobe Premier cannot export at a frame rate lower that 12fps. 
This will helpful in future that I now know I should be filming at 12fps when working with adobe software so at the very least I learnt something from my mistakes which at this stage of development is extremely important.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shadow puppet work and Pixilation