Semester 2- Learning aims and Personal goals


Semester 1 has come and gone. With some of the basics gone over this semester I'll be going over more of the principles of animation while getting a better understanding of both the artistic and commercial aspects of animation. This semester will also introduce 3d animation/game design through the Maya software (though I also know blender just in case) and stop motion animation using methods such as found objects, paper cut outs and if everything goes to plan, hopefully plasticine too. 

Our module aims include:

  • To learn and understand various methods, techniques and software used in animation industry.
  • Plan out a public screening of work produced within a team. Use planning, research and team work skills to help navigate issues that commonly arise during the production of a public screening.
  • Show that I am capable of planning, researching and communicating my ideas and development process.
  • Produce work to a professional standard within strict deadlines.
  • Show willingness to improve through self-analysis and critical feedback.
  • Create a team blog.
As for my own personal goals:

  • Now that the weather is better and I am feeling better. I want to start practising good work habits while trying to work from roughly 10pm to 6pm with the use of the Pomodoro Technique.
  • Practice better methods to deal with my ADHD and anxious nature. Get back into mindfulness, 30 minutes of basic cardio and get back into doodling.
  • After the disaster of having to submit a barely finished piece I want to make sure I never miss a deadline again to the best of my ability. 
  • Keep up with my blog and perhaps give it a more 'professional' new look. 
  • Fully embrace my art student roots and learn to love my messy, ugly, punkish art rather that tell myself I am good enough because my work isn't realistic or anime perfection. 
  • Tidy up the living table I call my 'office'.
For this week, I'm mostly going to look to see what supplies I have, getting to know my teammates and research Famous British animators, namely Terry Gilliam. But I also want to look up Norman McLaren, Caroline Leaf,  Lottie Reiniger, Suzie Templeton, Len Lye, John Hales and Joy Batcher among others.

And if manage to meet this first deadline I am going to treat myself to £100+ of animation and art goodies. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

11.2.2021 (updated on 19.3.2021)

Shadow puppet work and Pixilation