Reflections on the Year


Reflections on the year and what I have been up too


Hello, firstly I just want to apologise that I haven't been updating my blog like I should, I am still quite nervous on putting myself out there especially with my work flow and time management being quite rough.

Secondly, I want to be the first to say that I know my work hasn't been up to standard. My usual method during college would be to follow the brief as sort of a loose guide and do most of my work in the building itself rather than get distracted at home. And while I want to get back into using this method in my university work I still have so much to catch up on that it's not going to be easy.

With that all off my chest Let's talk about all the work I 've done since that last post, not including some of my After Effects exercises.

PERSONALITY WALK
The first task on the is it is a basic walk cycle. Seems simple enough right?


It is, so long has you remember that monkeys aren't supposed to fly of course.

Progress-

coming up with concepts was fun for this one since I wanted to make my walk based on my friends and their personalities so pushing these attributes. 


ver.1

ver.2

ver.3/ first big mistake

ver.4


ver.5

ver.6


ver.7

ver.8

ver.9

ver.10

final



THE EMOTIONAL SACK

Next was the emotional sack exercise which one of the most famous animation exercises has it teaches multiple disciplines such as anticipation, weight and staging as well as how much of we can convey personality without the need to speech.

I struggled to come up with a good enough storyline for my character at first but I knew I wanted my character to walk on screen in some way only to be shocked my something. 



In the end I was heavily inspired by the adverts that played here in the uk for Krave cereal has those designs already look like pillowcase.






ver.1

ver.2

ver.3

ver.4

 ver.5

ver.6

ver.7

Final

Looking back on things I really wish I took time on making thing more fluid. There's some examples of what I wanted my project should have looked more closer too.





EXAGERRATION: THE TAKE

The take is the final project for the semester in which we use all we have learned to create a basic story with a traditional cartoon take. 
Though I have somewhat already did a take with my emotional sack that just means I'll have to get more creative with this exercise. 

Character concepts and designs 














Turn arounds

These turn arounds could of had more angles or at least a back view.



Colour



ver.1

ver.2

ver.3

ver.4

ver.5

ver.6

ver.7

ver.8

ver.9

ver.10

I had to do a all nighter because I thought it would only take a day or two for clean up forgetting that I am still terrible with using a digital medium. 

After effects progress

 This is just some of the progress I've been doing involving the background for my run cycle. 























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

11.2.2021 (updated on 19.3.2021)

Shadow puppet work and Pixilation