25.9.2020


Working with Tech 


Learning  the basics  of Photoshop 

For the longest time animation was done by hand, hundreds of thousands of images drawn by hand then traced onto thin sheets of acetate to be colour with a thinned out acrylic paint. This method was tedious, time consuming and most important of all it was very expensive. However, this all changed when digital animation became easier to access around the late 90's with programs such as Toon Boom and Adobe Flash becoming accessible to the general public which streamlined the animation process being able to rig puppets and create library of past assets which saved on having to redrawn details over again. 
But more importantly it saved a lot of money.
Now in the 21st century computer animation is the industry standard and having some digital expertise is excepted for any animator wanted to go into the industry. 

Unfortunately for me I come from a traditional art background so my knowledge on technology is limited to editing my work on photoshop. Yet, fortunately for me developing my digital skills is part of my studies. I'll be working mostly with the adobe creative cloud which includes Photoshop, Illustrator and After Effects. Through these digital sessions I will also fully develop a character from the ground up which I will use for most of my digital sessions. 

Notes-



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

11.2.2021 (updated on 19.3.2021)

Shadow puppet work and Pixilation